Thursday 19 May 2011

Man Kills Stepbrother Over Wife

A 51-year-old man killed his step brother yesterday after he allegedly caught him having sex with his wife. The tragedy happened at Myanyani village in Mwala district, Machakos County.

Onesmus Kamundu confessed he killed Antony Muasya whom he accused of "attempting to take over his wife". "I descended on him with a yolk pin hitting him hard once on the forehead," he told administration police officers.

He told district administration police commander Hezron Opiyo he was gripped by rage after he caught his wife and the step-brother at the victim's house. "I returned home at around 3pm and inquired from my children where their mother had gone, only to be told my brother had come visiting and the two left together," he explained.

He picked up the piece of wood and hurried to the brother's house, in the neighborhood, where he found them in the act. "I hit my wife first as she attempted to run away, prompting my stepbrother to challenge to stop me in an attempt to protect her," Kamundu told Opiyo. He said the act angered him and made him strike the man with force. He said he had suspected that the two had been having a relationship and pretended that he was going on a safari to return the following day.

The victim's wife passed on three years ago, according to Kamundu who is a watchman at a local secondary school. Opiyo ordered the assailant to be transferred to Masii police station for further interrogation.

1 comment: